Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Making Pizzas

I've been making pizzas with pre-made dough from Trader Joe's in the last couple months. A few came out amazing, but many came out just okay. It turns out our oven is crappy. It's this weird little European one that only goes up to 450 degrees and only has a burner on top. A combination to ensure our pizzas are never very crispy or cooked quickly.

Anyway, I was googlin' up some Alton Brown* stuff to scout out his cinnamon roll recipe. I stumbled onto some people griping about some pizza dough recipe of his and found a link to this Pizza-making page -- The Ridiculously Thorough Guide to Making Your Own Pizza It looks good and I want to remember it. So now it's in my blog. You can use it too, if you want. Normally I'd just choose "Add Bookmark..." and save a link to the page in my web browser. I'm totally ineffective at saving bookmarks to good web sites though. Well... that's not true. I'm very effective at saving them. I've never in my entire life used a bookmarked site after bookmarking it though. The good news there is that when something goes wrong and I lose all my web browser settings I hardly notice the difference.

* Alton Brown has a show called "Good Eats" which is really good. At least for geeks. He's geeky, likes science and is weird and funny. He's also the host on the American version of Iron Chef.

1 comment:

Drew Olbrich said...

I read this one also.